This house hunting thing sucks big, giant….nevermind!
I am very frustrated this evening so I feel I must warn you. If you’re happy and you know it, close this tab! I thank you for clicking on my blog however, I do not want to be responsible for ruining someone else’s mood.
We put an offer in on a beautiful house and found out today we did not get it. Needless to say we are pretty upset this evening. This house was amazing! It was unique. It had personality everywhere! It even had a pool and hot tub in the back yard. It was great. I am going to shorten this post by listing my current frustrations regarding this set back rather than whining about them all in detail…
- I feel like our agent dropped the ball on this one and maybe on purpose – or maybe I just need someone to blame right now.
- I got uncomfortable when he made a snide comment while we were in his office about how I found this house before he did.
- More evidence to support my theory – we offered the seller more than her asking price in order to cover the closing cost we were asking her to pay. I hear it is normal for the seller to pay closing but we were willing to add the amount to our loan so it didn’t come out of her pocket!
- Another suspicious fact: while we were filling out the contract our agent said there were no other offers on the house, meaning ours was the first. 2 hours later he texted me to say there were 3 offers now and the seller would make her decision Saturday.
- Also, in the beginning of this process he told me if I saw a house I liked, I need to jump on it! He said email him immediately and we will set up a tour. I did just that. The house only went on the market Feb 1st, I emailed him the night of the 4th (as soon as I saw it) so we could tour it on the 5th. When I called him the morning of the 5th to be sure he got my email, he said he wasn’t available to show the house that day, so we didn’t see it until the 6th. According to the rest of the info he gave us, we could have been her only offer for well over 24 hours…
- We didn’t ask for anything in the contract. I just can’t shake the feeling that something is fishy here…
- The other frustrating part is that this experience is highlighting my feelings of pure failure. Ever since my IF diagnosis my life has been full of personal failures matched with friend/family success in the same area. I know how silly that sounds, really I do. And please don’t get me wrong, for the most part, I am happy for them! It isn’t their success that hurts, it’s the timing. It’s the fact that none of them even mentioned a desire to do these things until I began to fail at doing them myself! It feels like the universe is just rubbing it in! Here are just a few of my friend/family success stories, all of which they did not attempt until after I failed at the same thing…1) pregnancy – not just one success story here 2) a small business – not just one here either 3) buying a house 4) getting into Lego land (don’t laugh at me, it was a big deal at the time) 5) joining a gym/losing weight on purpose…I think I will stop there.
I know there are good things in store for PC and I. It’s just difficult to fail at so many things. It’s heartbreaking to watch others breeze through your dreams! I am blessed in many ways and I have no choice but to be thankful for that!
Much Love To All!