How awesome is this? I am excited to have been nominated for the Liebster Award. Thank you to Cassie at infertilegilrinafertileworld for the nomination. Like some of you, this blog is my only “infertility release” and I appreciate having this outlet. We share so many personal stories and details about ourselves, I would like to get to know a little more about ya’ll. This is the first time I have participated in this (or anything of the liking) so please let me know if I do not follow the next steps properly.
Here are my answers to the questions infertilegirlinafertileworld asked me.
- Have you always lived in the place you are currently living, if not, what took you to where you are now?
Hmm, how to I shorten this answer? PC (my hubby) and I graduated from the same high school, a small town outside of a big city. He graduated a year before me. By the time I graduated he and his family had moved to another small town. I soon joined them. After a little drama here and a little drama there, we moved to that big city. We have never been happier! Far enough away from the sources of our stress to stay sane. Yet close enough to his family and our good friends to enjoy life.
- What’s the best meal you’ve ever eaten?
Food and I do not have a great relationship. But I am a true Texas girl, so the best meal for me is a backyard BBQ with family. Brisket, chicken, burgers…etc with my mother in law’s potato salad. Add some home-made sweet tea to the menu and I’m a happy camper.
- What ability or skill do you wish you had (I’m not talking super powers here…)?
I have always wished I could play the piano and sing at the same time. Maybe I should just keep practicing…
- What was your favorite subject in school?
This is kind of a tie. My favorite time in school was choir. The only other one I enjoyed was English. I know it’s kind of hard to tell by my blogs but I used to be really good at spelling and grammar.
- What is your favorite movie of all time (or two, I’ll allow that because mine is a tie)?
Wow, this is another hard one!! I’m not even sure if I can pick one. I love anything Disney!!! There is NO way I could choose just one Disney movie. (I’m probably the biggest Mickey Mouse fan on this planet!! I promise!) So if I had to choose my favorite non-Disney movie it would be “Crash”. I had to watch it several times to really get the meaning. I’m so glad I did!!
- In everyday life, what is your biggest pet peeve?
LIARS!!!!! I have several very personal reasons why this may not even be considered just a “pet peeve” of mine. No time for those details though. I surround myself with people who KNOW I would rather be temporarily hurt by the truth then permanently hurt with a lie!
- What is the #1 most played song on your iPod?
I hope the questions I ask aren’t this hard!! LOL! Music is in my blood and soul! At the moment the most played song would probably be “Counting Stars” by One Republic. I listen to all genres of music and am obsessed with P!NK! But I love all of her songs so there isn’t one I play more than the others. Hehe…
- If you could be any fictional character, who would you be?
Ok Ok, did you read my diary? Or my mind maybe?? If you only knew how ironic these questions are for me you would be laughing out loud for real! Well I have escaped reality with fiction all of my life. I always wanted to be Maria Rainer. Ya know, Julie Andrew’s character in “The Sound Of Music”. Although this show was based on a true story, the musical most people have seen, was dramatically altered for the broad-way version so I think this should count as fictional. (finger crossed)
- What is your favorite book?
Anything Dr. Seuss!!
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
A singer. I wanted to be a famous singer. Travel the world doing what feels most naturally to me.
Alright I guess that sums up my Q&A part of the night. Now here are my nominees…
How to play
If you choose to participate (why wouldn’t you? It’s awesome), no pressure, here are the rules to “accept” it.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Answer the questions that I have given you below.
- If you could vacation anywhere, where would it be and why?
- What is the best gift you have ever given someone?
- If you could have one super power, what would it be?
- If you could meet any celebrity (alive or passed) who would it be and why?
- What makes you unique?
- What inspired you to create a blog and what do you hope to gain from having one?
- Name something you learned in school that you have never used in the real world.
- Which songs would be on the soundtrack of your life?
- If you won the lottery what would be the top 3 things on your agenda?
- If you could personally witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
- Nominate as many blogs that you feel deserve the award.
- Create a new list of questions for the bloggers you have nominated to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here)
Once you have accepted your MAJOR award by writing and publishing your “acceptance” speech, you then should inform the people/blogs that you have nominated them for the Liebster Award. Also, you might want to provide a link for them back to this post or your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)